Announcing The Radcast’s 300th episode, featuring the notorious Christopher Lochhead! We’ve invited this icon of marketing brilliance back to celebrate our milestone with us — and make no mistake, it’s gonna be legendary. Mr. Legend himself is here to unleash some major badassery on conventional wisdom; come challenge your thinking around what’s normal & possible as we mark this momentous occasion together!
Key notes from the episode:
- Christopher shares what he and his team are currently working on (02:11)
- The profound implications of being native analogs versus native digitals in marketing (04:00)
- Peter Drucker delineates two types of thinking, reflexive and reflective - how it affects people’s thinking. Christopher sights some examples for each type of thinking (06:02)
- Discussion about Democrats and Republicans. One of the keys to thinking is language. Words matter (17:05)
- Languaging is the strategic use of language to change thinking - don’t market your product, market your problem (22:02)
- Lazy use of language does not make us different from anyone else (25:06)
- Christopher’s mission for people to meet on their common ground or agree to disagree (29:07)
- Another core tenant for category design is reject the premise (35:38)
- Play digital to meet the native digitals. Be present in their world (42:28)
- For native digital marketing, the number one form of marketing is be the word of mouth - putting the right words in the right mouth (51:06)
- The content is the marketing (54:40)
- Launching of Pirate Sauce Bourbon (59:33)
This episode is packed with energy, knowledge, and passion and we know you will get a ton of value from this.
To keep up with Christopher, follow him on Instagram @lochhead or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopherlochhead/ or website www.lochhead.com
Learn more by visiting our website at www.theradcast.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/RadicalHomeofTheRadcast
If you enjoyed this episode of The Radcast, Like, Share, and leave us a review!